Monday, March 17, 2014

Up and Away - MFTWSC167

Happy Monday and Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!
Hope you are all have a good start to the week and wearing green today.  I had some time to play along in the MFT Wednesday sketch and it is a fun one! While I suppose I should have done a St. Patrick's card, I really had Spring on my mind and made this little ditty.



Here is the weekly sketch:



I used my new polka dot cover up Die-namic for the background and including some patterned paper from Echo Parks Head Over Heels.  I started with some heavyweight cardstock for the base and layering it with some black cardstock and the patterned paper.  The cover up was cut out and then run through with a CB folder of Swiss Dots for more texture (and more dots!) and placed over the patterned paper.  I used a piece of vellum for the diagonal layer, embossing with detail black the sentiment from Sentimental about travel. To finish the card, I used the die-namics  Fly a Kite for a focal point using some coordinating patterned paper and some twine.  A super fun sketch for sure!

Well, that sums it up for me today. Thanks for popping in and make it a great day!
 photo Siggy.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!