Tuesday, March 11, 2014

It's a Wash - Timeless Tuesday 262



Happy Tuesday Flourishes friends!

Welcome back to another Timeless Tuesday challenge which I happen to be the hostess for this week! I hope you all are having a good start to the week, and perhaps some warmer weather after these last few storms! My kids had the entire week off last week due to the ice/snow that rolled in through here in TN, with no sun until the end of the week to help melt most of it away.  The county was certainly trying to kill me slowly having some cabin fevered children running around! :)



I have a fun challenge this week that will incorporate something I think everyone has!  Washi Tape!  Washi Tape is a lot of fun to use and has many uses for it.  It's inexpensive and you can tear it, emboss it, write on it, tape up a present, seal an envelope, the list goes on!





For my card, I kept it fun and simple.  I needed a 40th card for a friend turning 40 and fabulous, so I wanted the focus to be on the numbers.  The base card and black panel were made using Flourishes classic cardstock in white and black.  The numbers were stamped with black Memento ink and colored in with Copics.  I fussy cut them out to be popped over a black cardstock circle.  I made the tag with some scrap Flourishes Kraft cardstock and added an eyelet and some ribbon to the top after I cut the corners.  I then used the washi tape to help adhere the tag to the main panel of the card.  The circle and numbers were then also popped up over the tag with the "th" stamped and cut out.  The sentiments were stamped directly onto the main panel and finished with some self adhesive rhinestones.

We hope you are able to play along and be sure to link up below. Before you head off to wash it up, be sure to check out the other fabulous designs the Timeless Tuesday Team created!

  • Allison Cope
  • Cheryl Lea
  • Deborah Anton
  • Jenny Gropp
  • Katie Sims

  •  photo Siggy.png

    6 comments:

    1. Love your card, and the challenge. Unfortunately, I don't have any Washi sooo I was wondering if I could use some Flourish borders that I have that look like some of the tape designs?

      ReplyDelete
    2. Wow, Deborah! I love the mix of the feminine floral numbers with the torn strips of tape, and the way you used the tape to adhere the tag looks fab! Your friend is going to be happy to be turning 40, just so she can get this card! Thanks for the great challenge this week!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Love it! You've proven that clean-and-simple can look stunning. Thanks for the inspiration to actually use my washi tape.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Awww... super cute Deborah! I love your use of the washi - I hoard so much of mine and never use enough of it! Love your sweet little tag. Your numbers are so beautifully coloured! Great challenge this week - made me use some of my stash! :)

      ReplyDelete
    5. Deborah! THIS IS TOTALLY FUN!!!! :) I am like Ally; I have some washi tape, but I've NEVER used it! LOL THIS CHALLENGE WILL HELP ME to step out of my comfort zone & try my WASHI TAPE! :) I LOOOOVE the colors & the prints of your Washi Tape AND the WONDERFULLY COLORED Numbers!!! :)

      ReplyDelete
    6. The washi makes such fun designs... You've inspired me with this design! Love it!

      ReplyDelete

    I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!