Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Footprints On Your Heart - Timeless Tuesday 263



Welcome back to another Timeless Tuesday Challenge friends!


This week our fabulous hostess is Katie and she is challenging you to add a touch of gold in your card or project.  There are many things you can use for this - embossing with gold, gold leafing, gold leaf pen, gold paper, gold embellishments, anything! Pull your regal side out and see how you would use a touch of gold in your project.




For my card, I pulled out my set of Flowers for Jan to emboss with gold and color it in with Copics.

 

I continued the use of the color purple for the rest of my card keeping the focus on the golden image.  No patterned paper - just solid colors and CAS.  For the image, I used my Flourishes Keyhole die to trace around the Wisteria and keep the bottom peeking out but fussy cutting both the flower and the die.  I popped that up over a white paper doily and popped the purple layer over my card base made with Flourishes Classic white cardstock.  Here is a closer look of the image:





I finished the card by stamping half the sentiment at the top of the image panel, sponging the sides, some ribbon and button, and finally some gold metal dots. The inside was finished to match the front in color along with the rest of the sentiment:




We hope you are able to add a hint of gold in your next project and play along.  Thanks for popping in and have a great Tuesday!!

  • Allison Cope
  • Deborah Anton
  • Katie Sims

  •  photo Siggy.png



    8 comments:

    1. Deborah, this turned out so beautiful! I love the look of gold embossing and Copic coloring together, and that image was perfect for it. I can't get over your fussy cutting on the flowers...I can never get into those tiny crevasses without making a mess of everything. :) ~Hugs!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Loving the gold embossing on the flowers. The colours work so well together and the layout and sentiment just perfect. Great fussy cutting too!!! xx

      ReplyDelete
    3. Oh wow Deborah!!!! This is so beautiful! All the hues of purple are amazing and I love your fussy cut blooms! A stunner of a card my friend!!!

      ReplyDelete
    4. HOW GORGEOUS DEBORAH!!!!!!! LOOOOOVE the GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!:) GORGEOUS! GORGEOUS COLORING!!!!!!!!:)

      ReplyDelete
    5. Hello Deborah,

      Besides your wonderful gold embossing which TOTALLY makes the finishing touch to your lovely card... the sentiment is so true and lovely. My husband often tells me we can have many "acquaintances" but only a few "friends" and closer ones are even rarer!

      Blessings,
      Barb

      ReplyDelete
    6. This is beautiful! Love the gold embossing.

      ReplyDelete
    7. With coloring, I so rarely emboss anymore. Your stunning card reminded me just how elegant the two can go together. Thank you for sharing that with us, just lovely!!!

      ReplyDelete
    8. I love this technique and have used it quite a bit lately. It's been heartbreaking to see all of you girls say your farewells from Flourishes. But I wish you the best and hopefully I'll be seeing more of your lovely work.

      ReplyDelete

    I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!