Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Pearls and Lace - Timeless Tuesday 241




Welcome back to another Timeless Tuesday Challenge! I hope you all got a chance to enter the Guest Designer contest we had running this last week.  Best of luck to those of you who did!!  Looking over the entries, I know it will be a hard one to judge.  They were all fabulous entries.



This week, Cheryl is hosting our challenge in lieu of Judy.  Unfortunately, Judy's mother had passed and she will be sitting out in this weeks challenge.  I certainly wish Judy and her family much comfort and prayers during this difficult time.  And thank you Cheryl for stepping in! Judy's challenge is:


You really can't get more beautiful than Lace and Pearls! And the possibilities of using both elements is endless.  For my creation, I decided to use some actual lace fabric I had for a few years and make a background using it.


 I thought it would make for a beautiful setting to the Dahlia set I used for my main image.  I colored in the Dahlia using the following Copic colors and cut it out to be popped over the Flourishes Perfectly Pierced hourglass die set.



I stamped the sentiment from the set directly on the main panel and finished off the card with some pearls.  I really liked how this turned out and will just have to think of other uses for this lace I have sitting around! :) 
Thanks so much for stopping in and don't forget to check out the other fabulous creations from the Timeless Tuesday team!

  • Allison Cope
  • Broni Holcombe
  • Cheryl Lea
  • Deborah Anton
  • Jenny Gropp
  • Angel Rivera, our October guest designer

  • post signature

    10 comments:

    1. Stunning, Deborah! OMGosh, your coloring on the dahlia is amazing! Love that extra wide lace, too. And, there we go again, using the same image! :-)

      ReplyDelete
    2. WOW!!!!
      I love the purple! Your coloring is absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!
      The lace looks great! Beautiful card, Deborah!

      ReplyDelete
    3. So pretty! Purple is my favorite color. Love the image and your coloring. The lace looks fabulous.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Such a beautiful card! Love that lace!! Great colors, too!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Another gorgeous Flourishes Dahlia card! Love this in lavender tones, you've colored it beautifully and I love that pierced die you have it popped on. What a fun die, love the pierced look. Beautifully embellished and designed.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Your flowers are colored so beautifully, Deborah! And I LOVE that big gorgeous piece of lace!!!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Oooo... totally lovin' that large lace! Wowsers! Love all the layers and the colour is fabulous! Gotta love purple! Great card this week Deborah!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Love the texture, color, the die! What is not to love about this card?

      ReplyDelete
    9. Lace, pearls, and a flower make for a lovely card! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! (for future, please mention our challenge and include a link to it if you'd like to be considered for our random draw)

      ReplyDelete

    I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!