Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Snow Scenes - Timeless Tuesday 239



Happy Tuesday everyone and welcome back to another Timeless Tuesday Challenge! Ally is our hostess this week and her challenge is to use dots to color your background or image.  Well, I actually posted a card yesterday with this exact technique, but created something completely different for this challenge. I will share both with you.



For my card, I used this months Flourishes release of Snow Scenes which is such a fun set! You can create so much with the different images this set has. 

I used Flourishes classic white cardstock for the base and some SU! Soft Sky for the main panel. I used some scratch paper to tear my mask used for the ground of the scene.  I then sponged the ground using Distress inks in both Weathered Wood and Faded Jeans.  I stamped the trees from Snow Scenes with Versafine ink and gave it a shot with the heat gun.  I then used my Copic White Opaque ink to dot the snow throughout the trees, sky, and ground.  My silver Spica pen was used to give the falling snow a little depth in color.  The card was finished with sponging of the same distress inks around the sides, some silver cording, and sponging some Brilliance in Moonlight White along the ground and tops of the trees for a "smoky" look. 


So, that is one way to dot your background or image.  Another is my card from yesterday. 

You can find all the details here but this background was made using my Copics to dot the sky, ground, and trees. 

We hope you come play along with us and be sure to link up over on the challenge blog.  You just may be our next winner! Thanks for stopping by and also be sure to check out the fabulous creations made by the Timeless Tuesday Team.

  • Allison Cope
  • Broni Holcombe
  • Cheryl Lea
  • Deborah Anton
  • Jenny Gropp
  • Judy Rozema
  • Kathy Roney, our September guest designer

  • post signature

    7 comments:

    1. Good golly Deborah! Two stunning examples of pointillism! I love them both. Gorgeous snowy scene - I love the colour and depth of your sky! Fabulous country Christmas card - makes me want the snow to start falling! Two wonderful pieces of inspiration! Great job on both!

      ReplyDelete
    2. LOVE this. Wow your snow dots look wonderful. You have totally inspired me to try this technique. TFS.
      Both cards are terrific.
      Crafty hugs,
      D~
      designsbyddragonfly.blogspot

      ReplyDelete
    3. Both are just gorgeous! I love how you did the snow on top of the blue ink! Blessings! Kathy

      ReplyDelete
    4. Great dotted backgrounds, the snow is so well done with little dots of flakes.

      ReplyDelete
    5. I love both of your beautiful wintery, snow scenes! Gorgeous, Deborah!

      ReplyDelete
    6. I am new here and saw your beautiful cards! You are indeed an artist, just like paintings. I love the new "dot" technique - you make me want to try it! Thank you so much. Please tell your husband "Thank you" for his military service, and thank you to you and your family also. I'll be back to visit!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Both of these cards are beautiful, Deborah, but I have to say...that snow scene you created is amazing! It has so much depth, it looks like I should be able to reach inside it!

      ReplyDelete

    I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!