Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Stamp a Background - Timeless Tuesday 232





Welcome to another Timeless Tuesday Challenge! Today we have a fabulous guest host, Angela Rivera! Her challenge is to create a background using your stamps. 



There is so much you can so using your stamps as the background and I knew just the set I would use for my card.  Flourishes July release of Popsicles and Pinwheels! I just love this set and see it being used often. 



For this, I used Flourishes Color Made Easy cardstock in Sunflower for the base and layer.  I used Memento Cocoa to stamp the pinwheel image over the lighter cardstock to be popped up.  I wanted to add some sparkle to this whole card, so I used different elements to make it shine.  For the background, I added a little bit of Stickles in Crystal to the pinwheel and let it dry before popping it up.  I then used Flourishes Bookplate die for the center panel which I then ran my AC Galaxy marker in white around the edges and let that dry.  I took my Versamark pen and ran that over the white Galaxy edges to top with some EP in Iridescent and shot it with my heat gun.  That was then popped up.  I fussy cut the pinwheel I colored with the following Copic collection:


I popped that pinwheel over the bookplate and added a spot of Stickles in the center.  Here is a closer look of the background and bookplate:


I made a circle tag with the stamped sentiment, "Blowing you wishes" and also outlined that tag with some stickles before finishing it with some sheer white ribbon and jute twine.  I did outline the 'wishes' with my Spica pen in yellow.  For an additional texture, I added a few rhinestones throughout the background. 


Come play along and be sure to check out the other wonderful creations from the Timeless Tuesday Team, as well as our August Guest Designer!! Thanks for popping in and have a great day!!



  • Allison Cope
  • Broni Holcombe
  • Cheryl Lea
  • Deborah Anton
  • Jenny Gropp
  • Judy Rozema
  • Katie Sims
  • Angel Rivera, our guest host
  •  Marie Ross, our August guest designer
  • post signature

    6 comments:

    1. So pretty with the pop of color and sparkle.

      ReplyDelete
    2. What a super cute card Deborah! Love the touch of glitter! Fabulous back ground too!

      ReplyDelete
    3. So simple, but so pretty! I love the effect of the one color with just the splash of glitter. :) Nancee

      ReplyDelete
    4. This is super cute, great background idea.

      ReplyDelete
    5. How cute! I love the simplicity of a single colored pinwheel surrounded by all the uncolored ones on your bg.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Darling background and your single pinwheel is precious! What a sweet card!

      ReplyDelete

    I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!