Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Something New, Old, Borrowed, and Blue - Timeless Tuesday 231



Hi all!
There is no place like home and that is where I am again! I am back from my nearly 3 week road trip with my boys and had a wonderful time seeing family and friends.  I have never done a road trip this long, so it was an experience for all of us.  In total, I had driven 40 hours!!  I think I will stick to airplanes... : )



Welcome back to another Timeless Tuesday challenge and this weeks hostess is the wonderful Allison! She is challenging you to Something New, Old, Borrowed, and Blue!! Although this sounds like a wedding theme, it doesn't have to be.  Just follow the recipe:

OLD - something older from your product stash
NEW - the newest stamp that your just acquired
BORROWED - scraplift a "design" from our Flourishes Gallery (please link the project inspiration piece from our gallery)
BLUE - add something blue on it!





Here is the breakdown for my card using the recipe. 

NEW - Garden Fairies  A fabulous new release!
OLD - DP from Pink Paislee and Prima flowers I have had in my stash forever!
BORROWED - I lifted this design in the Flourishes Gallery from Tosh.
BLUE - Yes! That has been included! :)

Additional items used: Copics for the image, Flourishes Perfectly Pierced Victorian Oval Die, and Flourishes Classic Ivory Cardstock.  Once the image was colored in, I cut around it to pop it up on the Victorian die which in turn is also popped up over the fishtail.  I sponged in the center of the die with some Distress Inks in Antique Linen. The sentiment is stamped directly onto the dp and the card was finished off with some Prima flowers along the bottom of the center panel. 

Come play along and link up to the Timeless Tuesday challenge! You could win a little prize! Be sure to check out the other fabulous creations from the Timeless Tuesday Team! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
post signature

5 comments:

  1. Oh, WOW, Deborah...this card is beautiful! Your coloring looks Amazing! I love the detail of the folds on the fairy's dress and her wings look so delicate--almost translucent! Beautiful paper, too! Glad you had a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely! I really like all the different colors you included! LOVE the wings. Glad you are back home safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super duper cute Deborah! I love the design your chose and your fairy is so beautifully coloured! Great job the challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're all home safe and sound. I don't know if I could spend 40 hours driving. Wow! Your card is just beautiful! I LOVE the colors you chose and how you used the pierced die cut horizontally behind the image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What bright and cheery colors and your image is darling...colored beautifully! Wow..40 hours? I don't know how you did it! I'll bet you are glad to be home! Great challenge card this week, Deborah! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!