Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Butterflies - Timeless Tuesday 221



Are you ready for another Timeless Tuesday challenge? This week, one of our new girls, Jenny is your hostess and her challenge is to use Butterflies. 



I will be honest to say that I do not use butterflies as often as I thought I did but luckily, I had a few things I was able to use.  One being the new release set of Old Tea Rose which has a beautiful butterfly stamp in this set.



For this card, I used Kraft cs as my base layering it with some striped dp from the Paper Studio and some Washi tape from Recollections.  I then stamped the butterfly from Old Tea Rose twice on the base and colored it in with some watercolor pencils and accented it with my Copics.  I then stamped a third butterfly on some watercolor paper and colored that in with my pencils before cutting it out.  I stamped the sentiment and cut that out using the Perfectly Pierced Classic Window die set and sponging lightly inside with my distress inks.  I popped up the third butterfly and sentiment, and finished off the card with some sheer ribbon, mini roses, and cotton lace trim.  The mini pearls are of different colors and placed in various spots.

Be sure to stop by the other Timeless Tuesday Team blogs and leave a little love! Thanks for popping in!

  • Allison Cope
  • Broni Holcombe
  • Deborah Anton  --------> You are here!
  • Denise Marzec
  • Jenny Gropp
  • Judy Rozema
  • Katie Sims
  • Iulia Pasca, our May guest designer


  • 4 comments:

    1. Love the colors on your butterflies!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Awesome card, Deborah! Love the scrappy, collage look of it!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Love those colorful butterflies on your craft card base! The dps and washi look wonderful too! :)

      ReplyDelete
    4. Beautiful Deborah! Love all the colours you used for your butterflies! Love all the layers and fine details!

      ReplyDelete

    I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!