Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Wine and Cheese

Happy Wednesday! It's a Hambo Hoedown day!

Today's image is Cheeses by Hambo Stamps
and the challenge is to use two of the Olympic colors in your project. My creation for this challenge was to do an actual project for a wine gift.




I wanted this to be of dual use by creating a wine tag but inside the tag, be a little related gift for your host to have. For the outside of this tag I used some dp from Basic Grey that actually has every Olympic color, although a shade lighter. I colored in the image with my Copics and cut it out with my Spellbinder dies. I then sponged the edges with some Distress inks while it was still in the die. This tag opens from the top which I was able to secure the tab with some Basic Grey magnets hidden under the ribbon running down the center. When you lift up the tab you will find some wine glass tags.




I didn't want to use anything really heavy so I was able to use some of my self adhesive cork punched out with my 1" circle punch and adhered to some Kraft cs. I then stamped on the cork using some numbers and finished the tags with some beads on the ring. I secured the glass tags with some jute twine tied in the tag. I made this so that it can be reused by adding a new set of glass tags you might find to give again!

The scallop edge was made with my SU! Scallop border punch and the top open edge border was made using my MFT Dienamics border die.

I hope you will join us for this fun challenge and be sure to link up to the Hoedown Challenge Blog! Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek into my creation! Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea Deborah. I love the glass markers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a phenomenal project, Deborah! You rocked this Hoedown for sure!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!