Friday, March 16, 2012

St. Pattys Day Teacher gift and SFYTT March

TGIF!!

Today I want to show you a quick St. Patty's Day gift I made for the boys teachers and my card I made for Marchs' A Sketch for you to Try.  First up, the gifty...


For this, I basically took a black votive holder and some glitter pencils  to create the rainbow and pot.  For the gold, I used Rolo candies and it really wouldn't be complete without some grass.  I used SU! Big Die for the topper folded in half and used The Cats Pajamas cloud border for the clouds and the sentiment from A beary good year.  Super quick and easy... and what teacher doesn't always need a few extra pencils? :)

I played along this months A Sketch for you to Try... super cute sketch and I couldn't resist pulling out my MFT Pure Innocence set for St. Patricks day.



I used Basic Greys Origins papers for this card. I stamped the image and colord it in using Copics.  I then made a little flower out of the button using some Lawn Fawn natural twine just by twisting and using glue dots.  I added a little trim I had left over from another project and popped up everything.  For the circle, I decided to make a rosette by using some dp cut at 3/4" x 6".  I finished that off by stamping only a word from the sentiment in the set and placing that on top of the rosette.  Here is the finished inside...


That is about it for me today!! I am off for some more crafting deadlines to meet as I need to get it all done before the end of next week when Spring Break begins and we are off for some sun, sand, and water!! Woot!  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!

1 comment:

  1. Cute gift...so clever & adorable card Deborah...love the button/twine flower.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!