Friday, January 21, 2011

The Year of the Rabbit (Amate Studios)... and my scratched weekend

TGIF!!

Well, not so TGIF for me as today was the day I was to fly out for my girls weekend. I have been up since 3 AM and as I was going to leave for the airport, my guilt punched in and I decided not to leave. Why? Because I have a sick husband who has been sick for a few days, working some extra long hours, still having to go in to work, and I was about to leave him to tend to my kids.  He barely could tend to himself! So, I scratched my looking-forward-to-wine-and gossip weekend for my medicine-giving-tending to the family weekend.  Oh well... I know I will see these girls again and hopefully soon!  Now they can gossip about me... LOL!!  (That's right ladies... my ears are burning!) {giggle!}

Thank you to everyone who has given me so much input about thier favorite camera!! I have gotten some idea of which camera I want and now when dh and I can sit down together, we can discuss it!! Thank you sooo much!!

Today I would like to share with you two projects I did for Amate Studios in the theme of The Chinese New Year.  This is the year of the rabbit, although, I have nothing to do with a rabbit in my project! LOL!



The first project was using Amate Studios oval linked bracelet and a picture of a Chinese dragon.  My idea was to make it look like a dragon in motion.  I punched out the picture using EK Success oval jewelry punch and topped it with Lisa Pavelka's Magic Glos.


The second project took a little more time and a little help from the hubby.  I wanted to use the Chinese coins within a pendant but still be able to string it through as the Chinese do during this holiday.  I used some bulk link chain with some dragon beads strung through and knotted around the red rat tail holding the coins.  For the center pendant, I glued the coin into the pendant and then punched a hole using my Crop-a-dile. I kept punching until I got it as sqauare as possible and then filed through to make it smooth.  I did not want the top part of the pendant, so I asked my husband to cut it off and smooth it down with his Dremel.   It worked out well and certainly made for an interesting piece!

Well, that is about it for today! There is still time to enter my two blog candy giveaways! Scroll down one post... Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a great Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Deb you stayed home, I am sure he appreciates it and I know the boys do! Hope he is well soon!
    Your jewelery is looking wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your jewelry is beautiful. Love that dragon! I am so glad I found your site. Aren't you glad you stayed home?

    Babe
    youiesmom@att.net

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!