Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Man up! ssnotime156

HI all!

Today I want to share  a card I made using Sharon's No Time to Stamp? challenge called Let's hear it for the boys! ssnotime156.  It is to make a man card but using no bows of any kind! This was a perfect challenge for me as I needed a man card to make!! There is no time limit to this challenge and you are able to play at any time.




For this card, I used SU! Confetti Cream for the base and the dp is Pink Paislee from their collection Captivating.  The bingo card is Jenni Bowlin and the sentiment is Gina K.  I darkened the bingo card a bit by rubbing over it with Tim Holtz distress ink in Antique linen with a sponge that had some brown.  That way, it gave just a hint of darkness without having to actually make it SO brown.  I then edged the sentiment with the same ink and sponge. I popped up the bingo card and sentiment and finished it off by adding some plain cotton twine and used a lock and key brad by Paper Studio which I cut off the back brad part to have it stand along like a charm. This was simple and actually quicker than I thought it would become! : ) Man cards can be difficult!

The Stars and Stripes blog is giving away some candy by playing along in their holiday sketch challenge! These are cards to support Operation Write Home for the soldiers still overseas.  I can't wait to play along in this challenge! It is for a good cause and hope you will play too!!  Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a little love!


2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic "man card" Deb!! I LOVE the lucky bingo card with that wonderful sentiment!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME card! Love the hardware accents!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!