Thursday, September 23, 2010

Are you afraid? No Stamping required! CPS 185

Happy Thursday! I started off running early this AM to get my kids to the eye DR, back to school, and then to do some errands.  We found out that one of my sons needs to have reading glasses which you can imagine, he is NOT pleased with at all!! What 8 year old would be I guess.. However, we are hoping this is an answer to some of the reading problems he has been having at school.  Since last year, he had been struggling with reading and following instructions on his papers. He was always skipping words and sentences! I am happy to have this caught early on but feel terrible I didn't have his eyes checked sooner.  More frustrating though, is that no one in the school caught it when he was being helped.  Oh well... I can't point fingers forever now can I? Except to myself! LOL!

In the midst of all this, I managed to squeek out a Halloween card based on CPS's sketch 185 AND I didn't stamp any images!!






I used MS dp which I mentioned before I really like! I then used some coordinating MS 3-D stickers as my main image which I popped up.  The scallop is Bazzil Papers Just the Half Edge which was white but I colored in with Black.  I finished off the card by threading in some black cord at the top and bottom corners, (yes, it was supposed to be crooked! LOL!!) and punched out some spiders with MS punch and then covered in Black/grey glitter from Studio G.  Something fairly simple!!

Well, that about covers it for me today! Thanks for lending an ear and stopping by!! It is always appreciated!! Have a great day!


4 comments:

  1. Great Halloween card Deborah.. Your spiders really are creepy!! bahhhahaah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too fun!! Love your dp strips and those fabulous sparkly spiders!! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Love those sparkly spiders!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!