Saturday, October 10, 2009

Amate's Western October

Happy Saturday!

I have October's project for Amate Studios to share with you all. This month's theme is Western and I thought I would create a belt-buckle and matching pendant.

I used some faux leather material for the base of the buckle and pendant. On the buckle, I stamped the dust trail from SU!'s set of Bronc Buster using Staz on Brown and Opaque White. For the horse, I stamped the image on hard chipboard, embossed it with Tim Holtz's Distress embossing powder and cut it out. I cut the backs of some mini brads for the outline of the buckle and burnt the edges for a bit more distress-like look.

The pendant was made cutting the faux leather to size, inserting a pre made, self adhesive Swarovski Crystal design to the top and adding a metal star by Nunn Design as the main image. It was then completely covered using Judikin's Diamond Glaze to the entire pendant, and while still wet, punch out a lot of little circles using my 1/16th hole punch and applying it all around the edges. For more deets and instructions, be sure to visit the link below!!



These were a lot of fun to create and hope you enjoy them too! Be sure to visit here to see the other design team member's creations for the month! Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a peek!!

1 comment:

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!