Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Fast Single Layer Cards

"V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N, and we're having fun!" Connie Francis said it right! LOL!!

I mentioned yesterday that I would show you some simple one layer cards. I love doing these types of card when I am in a hurry to give out a car or just need a simple Thank you or something.




For these, I used Gina K's Pure Luxury Cardstock in white for my base. I {{HEART}} this paper and you can find them in various colors on her site. This cardstock is awesome for single layer cards as it is thick and Copic markers do not bleed through.

I used Amuses' baby set for the tickled pink card and colored it in with Copics. I added some self adhesive crystals for a little dimension. For the treasure chest, I used The Cat's Pajamas Pirate set. I colored in the chest with Copics and colored in the coins with Copic Spica Pens in Yellow and some Ranger Stickles on the diamonds for a little sparkle. I finished it off with some self adhesive metal dots.

So simple and great for making a quick set for someone. Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you have a great week!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh I like them, I am a OLC kind of girl. Too cute Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great single layer cards...for some reason I never feel comfortable doing it myself, but it always looks great when someone else does it!

    By the way, I nominated you for a blog award. You can see it on my blog at:
    http://craftyengineering.blogspot.com/2009/08/winner-winner-chicken-dinner.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. love them!!! single layered cards always look great! Fantastic job and hope you are having LOTS o FUN!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!