Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Half Baked Grey Challenge

Half baked?  Interesting name isn't it?  Well, that was the title of the SCS challenge for Thursday's Ways to Use it.  It was to take an image and only use half of it for your card.  I decided that I wanted to use this tree from MSC and stickle the heck out of it!! I don't recommend this as it did take some time, but I do like the look that it gave.  You can't really see the sparkle in this picture, but it really is sparkly irl!!  This is a one layer card which I love doing.  The only embellishment on it is the bow above the sentiment and of course the stickles!! I also added some liquid pearls to some spots for an extra touch.  






Materials Used: PTI-White CS, Stickles in Platinum and silver, Liquid Pearls, Momento Black
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



This is a challenge on Michelles Blog from A Stampers Dream. It was to use grey on the card with just a hint of color.  I may have used more color than it was asked on the challenge, but I still think it is ok!  I stamped the main image with Bella Toile and colored in some of the flowers using my Koh-I-Noor pencils and Gina K Mineral Spirits.  I used my MSC lace border punch for the bottom and some sheer silver/grey ribbon which I tied knots across it for a different look.   The sentiment is part of Pocket Silhouettes and I used my oval punch for that.  Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and comment!! 

Materials Used: Going Grey, basic Grey, Linen CS in Ivory, Oval Punch, pocket silhouette, MSC lace punch, Bella Toile, SHeer ribbon, Koh-I-noor pencils, odorless mineral spirits.

4 comments:

  1. I like the tree one Deb saw that one on SCS. But this flower one is very elegant! Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so beautiful!!! I love the elegance of both of them. I bet the stickles really pop in person! Wonderful job!

    Smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are awesome. Love how you stamped half the tree--so pretty! And what a cool card for Michelle's challenge--loveit!

    Hope you are doing well! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card for Michelle's Challenge! Oh, you know how I love that lace stamp!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!