Thursday, October 2, 2008

Wanted-Sketch #64

This is for this weeks Sketches! By Tamara sketch #64 which is below.   The whole time I was making this, I kept singing The Manhatten's song of Shining Star. "...Honey, you- are my shining star..." LOL!!  I just love music, so a lot of times, I find myself singing a song that may have to do with whatever creation I may be doing! 
I used the ol' retired SU! color of Cranberry Crisp for the base and My Mind's Eye for the dp which I picked up while at the winter CHA.  I also dusted off my ever-so-needed SU! set of Bronc Buster for the dust and  my Wanted set for the sentiment.  I threaded some twine around the sentiment and on the side and then colored it in with my Copic marker for a darker brown hopefully giving a "leather" look.  I cut the ovals out with my Nestibilities and popped it up along with the dust and star.  The star is chipboard that was already red in color, but I used the back and distressed it a bit and highlighted it with my white gel pen.  For the final embellishment, I used some hoarded K & CO brads which went with, I believe, a patriotic set it put out a few years ago. (Yes, I said years!!!)  I sponged the whole card with Creamy Caramel, Really Rust, Antique Linen, Close to Cocoa for a more antique look.  Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a peek!



Materials Used: Cranberry Crisp, My Minds Eye, VV, Coluzzle, Creamy Caramel, Really Rust, Antique Linen distress ink, Close to Cocoa, Twine, brad, Wanted, Bronc Buster, Nestibilites, white gel pen,  hole punch


4 comments:

  1. How cool Deb. This would of made a great anniversary card... hint hint... hee hee Great job. Hope your anniversary was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb I love this card. The sketch is so clever I may need to try it. So jealous that you got to meet Judy. Hope you to had a ton of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card Deb--love how you used the sketch. How fun it must have been to meet judy (finally!) Wish I could have been there with you guys!

    Happy belated anniversary!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute -- I love the stitching down the side!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!