Friday, August 22, 2008

Take a Shabby Break..

Well, couldn't we all just benefit from a break? This stamp says it all with a tub and flowers and mentioning to take a break.  The image is from MFT and the line of MFT Presents...   I decided to pull out my neglected Koh-I-Noor colored pencils and odorless mineral spirits from Gina K.  I just love how these pencils blend!  For the bg I cut up some sample sheets I picked up from CHA at the Webster's Pages booth.  They were bookmark size sheets with sample collections of their line.  I thought it would be fun to collage them somehow.  I stamped the main card with SU! new bg stamp called Bella Toile.  So pretty! I then used Tim Holtz' distress inks on the Papertrey Aqua Mist cs while using a Martha Stewart border punch on the main panel.  I distressed all the panels and used a ribbon punch for the holes to thread the ribbon at the top. I added a button and some twine and some stickles to the shower head for a little sparkle. Lastly, I added some pink Copic Spica, which you can find at MFT, to the flowers in the tub.  In the end, it kind of took on a shabby chic look... I think. : ) Thanks for stopping by!

**Don't forget! There is still time to enter the blog candy I am giving away and will pick a winner on Sept. 1!  **

5 comments:

  1. Nicely done Deb. I like the ribbon treatment at the top. Glad you are back in the swing of things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this Deb! The combo of papers for the background is really neat! Love that border too! I have missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So darn adorable!!!
    Glad to see you are back in the stamping saddle again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it - shabby chic! The card is fab!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!